By now, you have probably heard that Aurora Picture Show is in the midst of a rough patch due to decreased grant funding, underwriting and our unfortunate break-ins. Despite an amazing year with stellar programming, innovative partnerships, and our best attendance, we have been hit.
You may be thinking that you would like to help, and are not sure how you can do it with your limited resources, but there are so many ways to support Aurora right now. We wanted to take a moment and give you the top ten ways you can help Aurora bounce back in 2010.
1. Make a general donation
2. Attend our shows and bring a friend
3. If you know a company or foundation or patron that might be interested in supporting Aurora, let us know. We are always looking for in-kind donations or new friends to help us grow.
4. Purchase a raffle ticket
5. Vote for us with the Chase Community Giving program
6. Buy gift memberships for your friends for the holidays
7. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook and spread the word to your friends. Invite them to be fans and RT our posts. We also love to hear your reactions online!
8. Check if your employer gives matching gifts
9. Forward this blog article to friends
10. Shop for Aurora Purchase holiday gifts using Aurora's Amazon link